Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ford lake

We are both really tired after 12 hours in the river with 6 portages (going around dams). We are currently camping on an island on ford lake. We thought the island would be secluded but drunk people keep boating out here...it's like 1030 and we have eminem blasting. I am thinking that this is going to be one of the most difficult days of the trip (physically) we are fresh and weak, portages suck, and we aren't used to this yet. Tomorrow we head for the mouth of the river and hopefully have a lot more down time. Details of day one and two coming soon!

-jay

4 comments:

  1. You'll be huge in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use those muscles! I am sure moonstoner likes the change of having a ride instead of being rode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you all soon in NJ! We gonna PAR-TAY! Oh and by the way Jay: Im bummed that your not going to be in MI when I am because I was gonna ask you to bring me to visit a college! =(
    Shannon: Gonna miss baking with you this summer! (Since I was looking forward to the first summer youd be home since you started college!) =(

    Amylin

    ReplyDelete