Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stuck in Leamington

The waves were pretty big today but we decided to get ready anyway. After everything was packed up and the boats were ready to be latched together I tried to take our catamaran cross bars apart and they were stuck! Some wet sand had gotten between the small the large poles and I could not get them to slide apart... We decided to stay in Leamington for the day and it has been a beautiful day off. I walked into town to find help to get the cross bars separated and eventually the auto mechanic at Walmart was able to separate them. I am now in a cafe using the internet because our international 3G card is not working the way I expected. I actually need to find someone with the latest version of iTunes to hook my iPad to in order to set up the international account. Another lame thing I found out about the iPad is that I cannot upload pictures onto the picassa site. Everyone is just going to have to wait until we get back to see the pictures unfortunately. Sorry! I am going to head back to the beach for the afternoon so hopefully we can find some more wifi spots along our route to keep you folks updated. Once we are back in the states we should be better at keeping this thing current.

Jay

2 comments:

  1. How's the sail working out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been great. It held up through some crazy wind and waves yesterday.

    ReplyDelete