Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shannon's Dream

Shannon shared this dream with me today and I thought it was worthy of a posting...

"I had a crazy dream last night about the trip. It's all become a bit hazy, but what I remember is that we had our kayaks and were paddling upriver, or at least we thought we were going upriver. Somehow we managed to be going downriver and ended up in the same place that we started and we realized to go the direction we wanted to go we had to go upriver but then this huge storm blew in. I remember looking over this hill and seeing like...five tornadoes and so we ran into this building that had a bunch of other people in it, and we were all trying to find places to hide from the storm but then me and you remembered that we had left our boats just chilling in the river so we ran out into the storm to get them however, they were both gone... and for some reason had drifted upriver so we went running along either side of the river, looking for them I thought I found one of them and grabbed it...but then it turned out to be a blue plastic sled and I remembered I was supposed to be looking for a black boat, not a blue one so then I jumped in the water and started swimming. Mind you, the storm was still going on. There were boats and stuff everywhere, all pulled upriver by the storm (which makes no sense). Then I got out of the water just as a tornado whipped by and went across the river directly in front of me. It hit this lady but she was fine. She was standing on the water in the middle of the river somehow. So, I kept running along the bank, looking for our boats. Meanwhile, you were on the phone with Mom, who said that they had ordered six more boats for us and they were on their way. But I was pissed 'cause a bunch of our gear was in the boats that we had lost so, I kept running and looking for them. Then I came up on this town that was all medieval and stuff and they were having this festival. People were singing and dancing and it was really hot. I wasn't sure if it was just like a Renfest or if I had gone back in time. Some guy dressed in a jester's outfit tried to get me to stay, but I told him that I had to find our boats, so I ran off in the other direction, back down the bank the way I came. I met up with you (somehow I managed to jump over to the other side of the river), and we found this huge area where a bunch of boats that had been pushed there by the storm had collected. We found one of our boats, but it was all wrecked and all our gear was gone. I was so distressed that I woke up."

The only thing that I hope comes true is meeting a woman who can walk on water.

-Jay

1 comment:

  1. That story is just a little bit Eerieee!

    Have you met the woman who can walk on water yet?

    ReplyDelete